JOURNAL # 2
Journal 2
In the second week of classes, something that influences is that since there was already a previous
interaction with the students, one as a teacher enters the classes with a more pleasant or close attitude
with the students. During this week, as there are usually classes two days a week for each group,
adding that Fridays is the day I teach the two groups, Friday classes could not be done, so only do one
class per group. Group 1002, stopped working future forms and started with modal verbs, to start the
class had to give a broad explanation of the subject, from its functions and purposes to then open space
for them to solve exercises on the creation and organization of sentences, as well as instructions on a
group work that they must present in the next class. For group 1004, they also entered with a new theme,
in this case the simple past and it seemed like a good idea to bring them the song The man who sold
the world of Nirvana, to understand the context of the song and the purpose that was identifying those
irregular and regular verbs.
interaction with the students, one as a teacher enters the classes with a more pleasant or close attitude
with the students. During this week, as there are usually classes two days a week for each group,
adding that Fridays is the day I teach the two groups, Friday classes could not be done, so only do one
class per group. Group 1002, stopped working future forms and started with modal verbs, to start the
class had to give a broad explanation of the subject, from its functions and purposes to then open space
for them to solve exercises on the creation and organization of sentences, as well as instructions on a
group work that they must present in the next class. For group 1004, they also entered with a new theme,
in this case the simple past and it seemed like a good idea to bring them the song The man who sold
the world of Nirvana, to understand the context of the song and the purpose that was identifying those
irregular and regular verbs.
In these classes that I gave, in general they were a little more theoretical than the previous one since
a new topic was started and with the absence of Friday's classes, I was unable to bring more activities
that merged with the theme.
a new topic was started and with the absence of Friday's classes, I was unable to bring more activities
that merged with the theme.
Although, as I am still starting to teach, I also notice that the groups are chattering, especially 1002
and calling their attention is not the problem but they are easily deconcentrated, apart from the fact
that they pick up the cell phones and the students believe that the teacher is not watching them.
So as the teacher, I should definitely look for ways for activities to put everyone to work and for a
group socialization to be achieved in which all students must somehow contribute something to the
class, because teaching in the classroom, only a few students pay attention and the class will end up
like this, but if I manage to make the group more committed to class activities, it is a commitment
to achieve.
and calling their attention is not the problem but they are easily deconcentrated, apart from the fact
that they pick up the cell phones and the students believe that the teacher is not watching them.
So as the teacher, I should definitely look for ways for activities to put everyone to work and for a
group socialization to be achieved in which all students must somehow contribute something to the
class, because teaching in the classroom, only a few students pay attention and the class will end up
like this, but if I manage to make the group more committed to class activities, it is a commitment
to achieve.
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario