JOURNAL # 1

Journal 1
The week after making the observations, the teaching practices begin. During that week, I taught two
tenth grade groups, specifically 1002 and 1004. My first class was with group 1002, I had to continue
with the topic they had been seeing and they were will and going to, I decided to start with a dynamic
activity that compromised vocabulary and continue later with activities of a workshop. During class,
I wanted to enter in a way that did not make me be perceived by the students as the new teacher, even
when I somehow felt a bit of the thorn of starting classes with a group of students that I still did not know
very well, however the class concluded and I end up being a good activity for me and the students.
For the next class of the week, they had to answer an evaluation, so I also observed the girls in that class
in some way and in their faces I noticed that several students did not understand the subject. The class
with the next group, 1004, was on Wednesday and they had been working with modal verbs, therefore
it seemed good to me to make a short and summarized review of the subject and bring a song, where
they would fill in the missing spaces that in this case were modal verbs. When the students were doing
the activity, I realized that they liked to sing and there were some who completed the workshop and
others who cared more about what the song was about.
For the next class, the students did exercises covering this topic, in addition to participating regardless
of whether they were right or wrong, which as a teacher I welcome this aspect that the students,
regardless of what classroom they are, are not afraid to participate, since I like to encourage an aura
in the class in which to comment and give explanations are not limited by the jokes of another student
or because the teacher prefers that all respond correctly. This participatory aspect I noticed it, in the
two groups and as always there is the tendency to have students who like to be part of the class, as
there are other students who hide behind each other and avoid eye contact and concentrate on other
things. 
However, as the beginning of the next weeks of teaching, it was not a process that proved to be
difficult but mostly about paying attention to the strengths that can be done to the two student groups
and turn it into activities that help me to potentiate or improve those skills in which, Sometimes they
feel they don't understand.

Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

JOURNAL # 3

JOURNAL # 2

Autobiography